Exercising and staying healthy is a great goals to have. However, it can be difficult to stay on top of it if you don’t have a routine that you follow or if you are a professional busy person. Working out regularly and eating well are two things that many people struggle with.
Luckily, all you need is a little bit of motivation and the right plan to get back on track and stick with your goals. Exercising regularly is one of the best things you can do not only physically but also for your mental health. It has been proven to reduce stress, increase focus and give you more energy throughout the rest of your day. But how much should you work out? How many times a week should you exercise? Let’s take a look at some facts about exercising and see what works best for your goals!
How Many Time A Week Should You Exercise?
In short, it depends, however, most people will be just fine exercising two to three times a week it will usually be enough to get the benefits you want and see results. If you haven’t been doing anything we often recommend that you start with two sessions per week and then build up to three. Training three times a week is a great baseline to establish.
Once you’re comfortable training regularly, if you want to up your game, you can exercise four, five, times a week or even every day. Be careful though as you will need to be smart with your programming and this is where a good personal trainer can really pay off.
Just make sure to give your body enough rest and get your nutrition right otherwise you could be wasting your time.
If you are brand new to exercising, start slow and work your way up. You don’t want to push yourself too hard and risk injury, which can prevent you from exercising altogether. Remember everyone is different and our ability to recover from our training efforts will be the main contributor to how often we exercise in any given week, earning what you can handle take time and experience if you are stuck talk to one of our mobile personal trainers for some advice.
Benefits Of Exercising Regularly
- Improved mental health: Regular exercise has been proven to improve your mental health. It has been shown to improve your mood and help prevent depression.
- Improved self-confidence: When you see yourself improving physically, your self-confidence will improve.
- More energy: Exercising every day will give you more energy and improve your focus. This will help you get more done throughout your day.
- Better sleep: If you are someone who struggles with sleep, exercising regularly can help.
- Better digestion: Regular exercise is also great for your digestion. When you exercise regularly, you are pushing blood through your body. This helps your organs function better, which can help your digestion.
- Longer lifespan: Exercising regularly has also been shown to increase your lifespan. It has been proven to reduce the risk of certain diseases and prolong your life.
- Better quality of life: When you exercise every day, you will see all of these benefits come into play. You will feel healthier, happier and more focused.
7 Ways To Help You Exercise More Regularly
- Build it into your routine: Try to make your workouts a habit. Exercise before work, after work, for an hour on Saturday or whatever works best for your schedule.
- Make it social: Find a friend to exercise with and make it fun. You’ll be more likely to keep up with it if you enjoy the process.
- Track your progress: You might want to start with a fitness tracker. They can help you track your progress and stay motivated.
- Set goals: Whether it’s to lose weight, gain muscle or simply feel healthier, setting goals will help you stay focused.
- Reward yourself: Once you hit certain milestones, make sure you reward yourself. This will help you stay motivated and keep up with your workouts.
- Find a workout that you love: You are more likely to stick with a workout if you love it. There are so many different options to choose from, so you can find one that you really enjoy.
- Break up your workout: If you are just starting out, try breaking up your workout into smaller pieces.
One Other Great Way To Help You Exercise Regularly
Hire a personal trainer. Yes, working out with a personal trainer can be a great way to keep you on track. A personal trainer can help you design an exercise plan that works for your schedule. They will build a custom fitness programme that fits your daily routine and helps you break down your fitness goal into smaller achievable goals. You’re more likely to succeed if you set specific realistic goals. A personal trainer will also help you figure out what you need and adjust your routine as you progress.
Starting out can be really daunting, hiring a personal trainer is often the support people need to get going. They will be there to help push you and keep you accountable. They’ll also be there to cheer you on when you feel like you can’t do one more rep or one more minute of cardio.
We are currently able to provide mobile personal training sessions around Brisbane in the following suburbs:
Bulimba, Balmoral, Hawthorne, Morningside, Cannon Hill, Seven Hills, Norman Park, Carina, Coorparoo, Camp Hill, Dutton Park, Highgate Hill, Green Slopes, New farm, Teneriffe, Newstead, Westend, South Brisbane, Fairfield, Yeronga, Annerley, Holland Park, Holland Park West, Toowong, Paddington, Fortitude Valley.
We FIT around you!