When you’re working towards a healthier lifestyle, the first thing that comes to mind is hitting the gym. This means signing up for membership at a local gym and devoting time out of your busy schedule to work on toning your body and getting fit. But not everyone has the time to get to the gym regularly.
If you’re someone who is just starting to work out at home. Here are some tips for home exercises you can do to help lose weight fast and efficiently. In general, there are two types of workouts that you can do at home – cardio exercises and strength training. Both of them are important for burning fat, building muscle, and getting stronger. Combining these two types of exercise will double your fat-burning potential in no time.
Cardio exercises are all about increasing your heart rate and your body’s ability to convert oxygen into energy. The more you do them, the more calories you will burn during your workout and potentially while doing other activities throughout the day. By increasing the intensity and frequency of your cardio workouts, you will be able to lose weight faster. When it comes to cardio, you’re not confined to just hitting the treadmill or elliptical machine at the gym. You can actually do cardio while exercising at home without equipment.
Putting together some simple circuits can be a useful and easy way of getting some cardio in at home without equipment. Here is an example below:
Try doing 20 to 30 repetitions of each exercise, then take 30 to 60 seconds to rest then repeat the whole sequence 3 to 6 times depending on how fit you are.
- Jumping Jacks / Star Jumps
- Mountain Climbers
- Alternating Lunges
- Jumping Jacks / Star Jumps
If you’re new to exercise please make sure you are clear to exercise from your doctor before you start training and if you’re not sure about what or how to do something please get in touch and one of our mobile personal trainers will be happy to help.
Strength training is focused on building adaptations in the muscles you already have, simply put making what you already have work better. Strength training is extremely important for anyone who is looking to lose weight because it can help you have better control of your body, move better, reduce the risk of injury during everyday tasks and ultimately be able to train for longer and more safely. Getting stronger does NOT mean getting bigger, the two things are not linked.
Any exercise can be adapted to have a strong focus simply by making the amount of resistance high enough that you will struggle to complete more than 6 to 8 reps with good form. Strength training styles include lifting weights, and using resistance bands. You can also use bodyweight exercises to build strength.
4 Home Exercises With No Equipment
- Squats: Squats are an excellent exercise for toning up your leg muscles. Squats can also help you lose weight. Because you are using some of the largest muscles in your body and the cost of this is much more than isolated movements.
- Push-ups: Push-ups are an effective full-body exercise that targets your chest, back, shoulders, arms, and core. Push-ups are also one of the best exercises for weight loss because they make your body burn lots of calories.
- Crunches: Crunches are an efficient exercise for strengthening your core muscles. Crunches are a great exercise for beginners. They’re easy to scale back or regress, and you can build the intensity of the workout as you progress.
- Lunges: Lunges are a full-body exercise that targets your core, legs, and back. Lunges are a great exercise for burning fat and toning your legs because they make your body burn calories while you’re performing them.
4 Additional Tips for Home Exercises
- Make sure to warm up before every workout. This will help reduce the risk of injury and increase the efficiency of your exercise.
- Always finish your workout with a cool down. This will help your muscles recover and can reduce soreness.
- Track what you’re doing to know if you’re on the right track. Write down your exercises, the intensity of your workouts, and the amount of time you spend exercising each week.
- Be patient! Working out regularly and eating right will help you lose weight, but it will not happen overnight. Be consistent and patient, and you will see results in no time.
Get Help From A Mobile Personal Trainer
A mobile personal trainer is someone who can visit you at home or any place you desire and set up a workout routine just for you.
A mobile personal trainer will bring the right equipment you need to make sure your workout is exactly right. This includes everything from resistance bands to dumbells and other specialised equipment that many people just don’t have at home. Other benefits of hiring a mobile personal trainer include more exercise variety, and learning the best techniques for each exercise so you don’t make training mistakes.
On top of this, the mobile personal trainer will help you with nutrition, advise on which exercises are best for your goals, keep you motivated to get to the next level and make sure you don’t fall short of your fitness goals. They will be your guide and instructor all wrapped up in one.
Also, Read The Advantages of mobile personal training
What to Expect When Working With a Riddlock Mobile Personal Trainer
Before you start working with a Riddlock mobile personal trainer, we will talk on the phone to find out what your fitness goals are and what your schedule looks like to make sure we can fit in a time that’s easy for you.
Together we will look at your lifestyle in general, training, and your nutritional habits, so we can build a complete programme that takes into account your busy lifestyle.
We are currently able to provide mobile personal training sessions around Brisbane in the following suburbs:
Bulimba, Balmoral, Hawthorne, Morningside, Cannon Hill, Seven Hills, Norman Park, Carina, Coorparoo, Camp Hill, Dutton Park, Highgate Hill, Green Slopes, New farm, Teneriffe, Newstead, Westend, South Brisbane, Fairfield, Yeronga, Annerley, Holland Park, Holland Park West, Toowong, Paddington, Fortitude Valley.
We FIT around you!